ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

SPRING TING - Judges

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby Cowboy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:40 am

So far, I've got two volunteers for Judging the Spring Ting.
Revgiblet & Duncan ...

Aren't there anyone else that would like to have a go?
There are 4 games, and it would be great to have one or two judges more...
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Postby justahack » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:25 pm

any update on how this competition is going? :D
Works in progress:

Silo. 20%
justahack

Postby Burblesnot » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah, the competition's over, I won. You can all go home now.
No, of course, this is a lie. I am a liar, for which I apologize. Not for lying to you though, just for being a liar.
But anyways, who the hell needs judges? All they do is get in the way by deciding things. And who the hell needs that? I don't, that's for sure, and I bet you don't either. I say we do it the old fashioned way and let God decide.
So that means whoever dies first loses, since God would obviously want the winner to be alive. And I'm not saying that God's planning on killing the losers, I'm just saying if you die, then obviously you've lost. It's not like I'm implying any game that displeases God will result in death, or that God will kill you for displeasing him, although I'm pretty sure that stuff's written down in the bible somewhere.
My point is, God is going to kill you for displeasing him with your lousy game, so get to church and repent. Or pray, or whatever it is you do when you piss God off. Which you have, with your crappy game that people won't even judge the competition because it would force them to play it and also risk displeasing God by associating with a game so bad that the Vatican has labled it a mortal sin to play. A Mortal Sin.
And that's bad.
So if your catholic or christan or a satanist, I recommend not playing any other game than mine, which meets the standards of the Vatican And the church of Satan (yeah, I have no idea. I guess they require good moral fiber in the games they play, go figure.)
Remember, a vote for me is a vote for Jesus. He's running for president next election, and he's going to be taking names and kicking asses. Yeah, that's right, he's back and hungry for blood. Your blood. So get ready for some hard two fisted action brought right to your door by Nazareth's favorite son, Jesus 'Fists of Nails' Christ. He's ready for action, are you?
The things I've seen...Clthuluths attacking Neko warships off the coast of Japan, the deadly twinkle of board raids and thread sages deep in the black of night. All these things and more. And now, time. Time to *FAP*

4chan.org /b/
Bash.org
{ifreality=1setvalue=false,ifreality=0setvalue=false}
Burblesnot

Postby Cowboy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:23 pm

justahack wrote:any update on how this competition is going? :D

The games are being evaluated right now....
So, hang on to your hat :p (if you're wearing one...)
I'll let you know as soon as I've got all the evaluations..
Cheers
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0