ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Uploading a (large) finished game

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Uploading a (large) finished game

Postby The0didactus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:59 pm

Hello everybody,
I've recently finished a quite large game, and I want to upload it to the adrift site. It far exceeds the ordinary upload size, and if I'm reading the site correctly, it says I should ask here about uploading it.

What do I do next? :Thanks:
The0didactus

Re: Uploading a (large) finished game

Postby Denk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:18 pm

According to the site, you should e-mail technical support (support at adrift dot co). Hopefully technical support will reply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby Lazzah » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:11 am

Denk wrote:According to the site, you should e-mail technical support (support at adrift dot co). Hopefully technical support will reply.

I doubt very much if you will get a reply from this address because - as far as I know - it will go through to Campbell Wild and he is on an extended break from ADRIFT because of family problems.

Can you upload your game to something like Dropbox? Instead of uploading it to the ADRIFT website, upload it somewhere like that, make an announcement on the ADRIFT forum that the game is available and give the download link in the message.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby David Whyld » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:28 am

You might be better off uploading a smaller version of the game (minus sound and graphics) to the main site and including a link there to the full version. If you announce it on the forum, no one visiting the main site will ever see the announcement.
David Whyld

Postby The0didactus » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:58 pm

That is really unfortunate but I've been worried that was the way it was going to turn out for about a month now.

Truth is that I really wanted to reach a group of people well outside the ordinary adrift community, many of whom use Macs primarily. I thought it would be way more fun to direct them to a link that just started running the game right away, rather than giving them a bunch of things to download. Ah well.

I'll probably use Laazah's method next week.
The0didactus

Postby ralphmerridew » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:32 pm

How large is the game?
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby The0didactus » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:00 pm

~250 MB, mostly because, I expect, there are numerous sound files
The0didactus

Postby The0didactus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Does the 'play online' function even work on the ADRIFT site? I've had difficulty playing any games online and I've tried several computers and browsers.
The0didactus

Postby Po. Prune » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:48 am

I've sent the link and the synopsis of your game to Campbell. Hopefully he'll upload it soon (if he hasn't done so already)
Good luck. :yeah:
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby Campbell » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:53 pm

That's it uploaded now. Sorry for the delay.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0