ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

New Combat Module Available

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

New Combat Module Available

Postby Denk » Thu May 10, 2018 2:54 pm

I have just released the Eamon Combat Module ( http://www.adrift.co/game/1507 ), which provides ADRIFT users with a simplified version of the Eamon combat system.

Along with the module, I have released a remake of "Beginner's Cave" ( http://www.adrift.co/game/1509 ) to demonstrate the capabilities of the Eamon Combat Module.

FEATURES:
Can handle multiple enemies and friends
Easy setup of character stats(Agility, hardiness etc)
Easy setup of weapon stats(Dice, sides, odds etc)
Easy setup of armor stats (damage absorption, penalty etc)
Includes user manual in pdf-format.

For those curious about the Eamon system, you can read more about it here:
https://eamon-remastered.com/manual

Feedback, questions etc. are very welcome.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: New Combat Module Available

Postby Kennedy » Thu May 31, 2018 1:46 am

You might also want to make one based on the original Adrift version 4 combat system, though I don't know if the version 4 data would be easily imported.
Kennedy

Postby Denk » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:02 pm

Kennedy wrote:You might also want to make one based on the original Adrift version 4 combat system, though I don't know if the version 4 data would be easily imported.
I based the combat module on Eamon, since I like Eamon games and ADRIFT 5 was missing a combat module. I have never used ADRIFT 4 but I read that the combat system of ADRIFT 4 wasn't very good. But perhaps others disagree? If so, I could look into it, to see if a similar system could be implemented in ADRIFT 5. Are there any ADRIFT 4 games, which utilize the ADRIFT 4 combat system, so that I could check it out?
Denk

Postby David Whyld » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 pm

The v4 combat system was pretty awful. You’re better off not bothering with it at all.
##################################

In progress: Shadows of the Mind 87k and counting. ETA: sometime in 2018.
David Whyld

Postby Kennedy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Denk wrote:I based the combat module on Eamon, since I like Eamon games and ADRIFT 5 was missing a combat module. I have never used ADRIFT 4 but I read that the combat system of ADRIFT 4 wasn't very good. But perhaps others disagree? If so, I could look into it, to see if a similar system could be implemented in ADRIFT 5. Are there any ADRIFT 4 games, which utilize the ADRIFT 4 combat system, so that I could check it out?

The game Shadowpeak had combat in it. The main reason I suggested support for the version 4 combat engine though is so people would be able to recreate there old adrift 4 games (if they had combat).
Kennedy

Postby Denk » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:07 pm

I was curious so I took a look at Shadowpeak (I have added a review). The combat I tried was extremely easy so I never really got a feel of the combat system. I believe that there isn't much need for a specific ADRIFT 4 combat system in ADRIFT 5, so I am not going to do any more about it.
Denk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0