Invalid bracket Sequence

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Invalid bracket Sequence

Post by P/o Prune »

I have created two objects:
A tapestry dragon, and a tapestry snake (Don't ask)
They are set to location hidden and are to appear when a certain task is being run.
However! When I try to add them to the action in the tast I get the message Invalid Bracket Sequence HAs anyone experienced this? and if so, how do you get around it.
I tried to use another object, and it happens there too.
A quick response would be appreciated as I am trying to submit the game to the IF Comp.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 138Kb
Lazzah

Re: Invalid bracket Sequence

Post by Lazzah »

Delete the whole task and create it again.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

It should mean that the brackets don't match up in the task restrictions. If this isn't the case then please send me a sample and I'll take a look.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Campbell wrote:It should mean that the brackets don't match up in the task restrictions. If this isn't the case then please send me a sample and I'll take a look.
It has been solved now.
Denk removed the restriction and then added it again. (If I'm wrong, Denk, please correct me)
I assume it must have been a glitch in the developer since, as far as I know, nothing was ever changed other than the deletion and reentering of the restriction.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 138Kb