How do I avoid the name of the location being displayed?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

How do I avoid the name of the location being displayed?

Post by P/o Prune »

Is there a way to get around having the name of the location displayed on the screen?
I am trying to go with David's example for spicing up the game, letting the name of the location being displayed as a headline in the location (like in JaFT)

I can do it by < > the name of the location, but if I do that the map function will not display the name of the location.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 138Kb
Denk

Re: How do I avoid the name of the location being displayed?

Post by Denk »

There might be a more elegant way(?) but at least this works:

Make the colour of the location name identical to the background colour. Then the location name will be invisible.

E.g. if the room name is "room 1" and the bacground colour is black, change the room name to "<font color = black>room 1</font>".

NB: Please note that if your background isn't black, the online version of your game will still have a black background. And since you cannot detect whether the game is played locally or online, you cannot make the location name invisible on both backgrounds.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------