Put object ON character?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Put object ON character?

Post by P/o Prune »

I'm looking for a way to be able to put/place an object on a character.

The character is now dead and the player will place a flower on her chest to show his respect.

I could get around it by moving the character to hidden, and then replace her with an object, but I'm curious to find out if there's another way around this?
Any suggestions?
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 42Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Lazzah

Re: Put object ON character?

Post by Lazzah »

One way of doing it would be to change the dynamic rose object to a static one and make that part of the character.

You would have to create a general task for this as there is no PUT OBJECT ON CHARACTER task.

See attached demo.

HTH
The Red Rose.taf
(15.25 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Thanks a million, Lazzah. That did the trick :thanks:
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

I'd have thought it better to replace the character with an object, if they're dead. Otherwise you need to worry about all the existing character functionality, such as talking to them, giving them things etc.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Campbell wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:06 pm I'd have thought it better to replace the character with an object, if they're dead. Otherwise you need to worry about all the existing character functionality, such as talking to them, giving them things etc.
I see your point. But the thing is that the character isn't dead (ie Snowwhite, and Sleeping beauty)
the player needed to place a clove of garlic on his girlfriends chest to protect her from Dracula (Danish adventure, don't ask ;-) )
Campbell
Site Admin

Post by Campbell »

Ok, but same principle. The library will assume any character is responsive and will give default behaviour responses such as not being interested, ignoring you etc. You'd have to be sure to override all those with sensible responses.
ADRIFT Developer developer.