Blorb file not exporting

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
Lakanar

Blorb file not exporting

Post by Lakanar »

I'm trying to export my game to play it separate from adrift to have "fresh eyes." So I go to export, then click blorb file, then name it NetworkedMind, then try to play it and Gargoyle(an if reader). It says it cannot load the file. I'm also using another IF reader called Wingit, and it says the file is corrupted. I wish I could give more information, but that's pretty much it. Though I'm only using the cover image in the game(i took it out, same problem). Am I the only one with this problem? Is there, if anything, I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

P.S. Exported to an .exe and that worked. So I can distribute that way if I want to if I can't get the blorb to work.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Blorb file not exporting

Post by P/o Prune »

Does the Blorb file work with the Adrift runner?
Be careful exporting your game using the .exe file. In most cases it will trigger a virus warning.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 42Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Denk

Post by Denk »

Besides the ADRIFT Runner, the only interpreter that can play ADRIFT 5 games is for Android and it is called Fabularium. Gargoyle can only play ADRIFT 4 games. I don't know Wingit, but it can probably play ADRIFT 4 games. Definitely not ADRIFT 5 games.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Lakanar

Post by Lakanar »

P/o Prune wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:48 am Does the Blorb file work with the Adrift runner?
Be careful exporting your game using the .exe file. In most cases it will trigger a virus warning.
Well it does work. interesting, but we still have a problem here, if the Adrift release 36 trigger virus warnings and most runners don't play adrift, how am I going to get my family and friends(people who are do not play IF regularly to play this exactly? It's almost too much hassle.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Lakanar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:10 am Well it does work. interesting, but we still have a problem here, if the Adrift release 36 trigger virus warnings and most runners don't play adrift, how am I going to get my family and friends(people who are do not play IF regularly to play this exactly? It's almost too much hassle.
If they are family or friend I would think that they'll trust you enough to play y our game(s)
You can also send them the runner and your .taf file. If you don't want to have them look into your file, then simply password it.

I'm using the runner and have no problem. I have also entered a Blorb file to the annual IF Comp and haven't had any complaints about people having problems running it. Probably because they already have the runner.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 42Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Denk

Post by Denk »

Lakanar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:10 am
P/o Prune wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:48 am Does the Blorb file work with the Adrift runner?
Well it does work. interesting, but we still have a problem here, if the Adrift release 36 trigger virus warnings and most runners don't play adrift, how am I going to get my family and friends(people who are do not play IF regularly to play this exactly? It's almost too much hassle.
If everyone let their Antivirus-provider know about the false positive issue, it can be fixed very fast. For BitDefender it only took 72 hours, before BitDefender was updated so everyone with BitDefender will not have this problem. I guess you can do something similar with the other Antivirus-providers.
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom