ADRIFT 5 newcomer advice

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: ADRIFT 5 newcomer advice

Post by P/o Prune »

I made a search to find post regarding changing the default name of the player and found this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11510&p=101974&hil ... me#p101974

Is this solution still valid considering the updates that has been made in the meantime?
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 81Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
Denk

Re: ADRIFT 5 newcomer advice

Post by Denk »

P/o Prune wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:06 am I made a search to find post regarding changing the default name of the player and found this:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11510&p=101974&hil ... me#p101974

Is this solution still valid considering the updates that has been made in the meantime?
I read through it and I see no reason why it shouldn't still work (no promises though ;) )

However, that method uses pop-up windows, which I normally avoid. But perhaps you find it easier to implement(?).
(BTW, I am not sure if pop-up windows work on Android)

If you find it difficult to apply the method I proposed, feel free to ask for help. Once you get the hang of it, it is extremely useful for many things such as menus etc. No matter which method you go for, you can always upload an example taf-file and I can have a look at it and let you know what needs to be corrected.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------