Play Online Error

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.
rotter

Play Online Error

Post by rotter »

I uploaded a V5 version of my game "Pathway to Destruction". Helpfully when I try and play online it reports the following error. Anyone any idea what this means?

Code: Select all

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Play Online Error

Post by P/o Prune »

Could it be something in the converted game, perhaps?
I tried to play JaFT online and had no problem doing so.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 81Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
rotter

Re: Play Online Error

Post by rotter »

P/o Prune wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:17 am Could it be something in the converted game, perhaps?
I tried to play JaFT online and had no problem doing so.
I've found out what the online runner didn't like. The game was prompting for gender. Thanks.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.