ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

ADRIFT Settings bug

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

ADRIFT Settings bug

Postby Lazzah » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:17 am

Hi Campbell,

Can I please make a plea for you to fix the ADRIFT Settings bug for the next release? I have a bug report for this at http://www.adrift.co/bug/18913 but I have just realised that this bug also affects the Developer Settings as well.

I recently started a new game and, as the User.Dict.txt file was getting rather big I decided to create a new one which I called TLC.txt and on the Settings tab in the new game I set the User dictionary location to point to the new file.

Then, after receiving a playtest report for one of my other games, I opened the other gamefile and started making corrections to the game. After a while I noticed that some words in the location texts had started being underlined in red again and when I checked the User dictionary location for this game - which should have been the original User.dict.txt file - found that it had changed to the new TLC.txt file!

Could you PLEASE get this fixed for the next release, it is getting to be a right pain.

FELLOW DRIFTERS: Please vote this bug up!!!!

:Thanks: :Thanks: :Thanks:
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Re: ADRIFT Settings bug

Postby Campbell » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:45 pm

The dictionary file is not stored in your game, it's a system-wide option. The general rule is, anything in Settings applies to all games. Anything in Options applies to just the game you're working on.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:07 am

Campbell wrote:The dictionary file is not stored in your game, it's a system-wide option. The general rule is, anything in Settings applies to all games. Anything in Options applies to just the game you're working on.

Thanks for clarifying that (it would be useful if this was explained with a note on the actual tab) but what if you want to enable graphics and/or audio in one game and not in another, etc? Surely these should be in options?
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby Campbell » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:49 am

Well, they're not strictly enabling or disabling the functionality, just whether the additional tabs appear in the edit forms. If you have graphics or audio in any game you would likely turn these on permanently, and turn them off if you never do. But it's a fair point.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0