ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Ideas/Requests for Video Tutorials?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Re: Ideas/Requests for Video Tutorials?

Postby Campbell » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 pm

I just wanted to say, I think these are brilliant - thanks for creating them. I also look forward to seeing any more you (or anyone else) creates.

The main website has a videos page (http://www.adrift.co/videos) which is a bit sparse at the moment. I'd be happy to host these there if you like, or we can just set up a section of this forum?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby ElliotM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:56 pm

How would we go about organizing the video page or a forum section? I like the forum section idea, but the video page would also be good. Maybe the video page is for videos that will draw people in to using Adrift, while a forum video section would be open to anyone contributing?
ElliotM

Postby Campbell » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Well we could just create a Videos subforum, and you can post a video as the new topic. Then the discussion can go after each video?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby ElliotM » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:19 pm

That sounds good to me. At some point we could also decide which ones might also belong on the Video Page.
ElliotM

Postby Infected Behaviour » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:00 am

How about tutorial videos that teach the new people step by step on how to make simple games and gradually getting more advanced. This way anyone that's new like myself, Can learn exactly what this or that option can do.

Basically maybe having three beginner game tutorials, three moderate game tutorials and eventually having expert game tutorials. This would greatly be appreciated.
Infected Behaviour

Postby ElliotM » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:05 am

I've made a few with that kind of leveling in mind. The first post has a few links, I've not put all of them up in the new video tutorial sub forum yet.
ElliotM

Postby Infected Behaviour » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks man. I do find Adrift 5 easy to understand. Although as soon as I think I know what I'm doing, Whatever I've done just doesn't work. I go back to the tutorial and check what I might have missed but either the answer isn't clear enough or that part of the tutorial hasn't been done yet.

I'm having trouble with character conversations. Also trying to move my character from one room to another but without linking a room. Since I'd like the player to type "start" for the game to start, so the function would need to "move character to location". I've seen the options in Adrift and set them up but again, whatever I try fails. Later I also need to have "move object to location". Since the game I'm trying to make has a lot of IFs.

I'd really appreciate some help with this. Since I'd like to also help by making some tutorials for others, Once I understand what's going on. Though I don't mean video tutorials. Like to help Campbell add more to the tutorial. Since I really like Adrift.
Infected Behaviour

Postby ElliotM » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:08 am

Infected Behaviour wrote:Thanks man. I do find Adrift 5 easy to understand. Although as soon as I think I know what I'm doing, Whatever I've done just doesn't work. I go back to the tutorial and check what I might have missed but either the answer isn't clear enough or that part of the tutorial hasn't been done yet.

Which tutorials are you referring to? If it is one of my video tutorials I can focus on doing the next part. I'll try and help you in a different thread for the other things you mentioned so we can keep this topic on the topic of video tutorials. :)
ElliotM

Previous

Return to ADRIFT 5.0