ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

I need help with a game I'm making.

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Re: I need help with a game I'm making.

Postby Marp2904 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:47 am

I'm wondering.. In the game, there is several levels/floors in the game, with seperate enemies per floor. Should I make the game all in one or seperate the floors over separate games?
Marp2904

Postby Jjbee62 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Marp2904 wrote:Hello everyone! I've recently downloaded ADRIFT and so far, I find it better than other text adventure creators out there. The only problems are that there are some issues that, since I'm just a beginner, have no idea to fix or if I could do it at all!

Problem 3. I want the animatronics to be able to be seen from another room so that the player can plan ahead (getting in a hiding place and waiting for the animatronic to leave) but I have no idea how to code this.

Is there any help I can get with this?

You could create tasks in each room for "look <direction>". If there is a location in that direction have it display an abbreviated description.

Look east

To the east is a production line. You can see something moving.
Jjbee62

Postby Marp2904 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Jjbee62 wrote:
Marp2904 wrote:Hello everyone! I've recently downloaded ADRIFT and so far, I find it better than other text adventure creators out there. The only problems are that there are some issues that, since I'm just a beginner, have no idea to fix or if I could do it at all!

Problem 3. I want the animatronics to be able to be seen from another room so that the player can plan ahead (getting in a hiding place and waiting for the animatronic to leave) but I have no idea how to code this.

Is there any help I can get with this?

You could create tasks in each room for "look <direction>". If there is a location in that direction have it display an abbreviated description.

Look east

To the east is a production line. You can see something moving.

I actually fixed that by adding alternate descriptions to each room, displaying if a character is in another room.
Marp2904

Previous

Return to ADRIFT 5.0