ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Main toolbar in dev shows Map tooltip

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Main toolbar in dev shows Map tooltip

Postby R2T1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:32 am

I don't know if this is intentional or not, but just noticed that the main DEV window layout shows what looks to be a tooltip above the Map tab when it is showing. Neither the Home or View tabs do this. See attached image.
Should this be reported as a bug or not?
Attachments
adrift5034_map.jpg
Adrift 5034 DEV Map tooltip
adrift5034_map.jpg (50.06 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
R2T1

Re: Main toolbar in dev shows Map tooltip

Postby Lazzah » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:04 am

I had never noticed this before and I wonder if it has only just started to appear in v.5.0.34? There is an issue with the map if you have it floating, as I do when I display it, as if you move the map the map tools tab disappears. This has already been reported long ago: http://www.adrift.co/bug/3508
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby Infected Behaviour » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:41 pm

rofl last week I managed to close the map some how and didn't know how I did it. Took me some time to figure out on how to get it back, Since the map tab disappeared.
Infected Behaviour

Postby Campbell » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:38 am

It's not a bug, it's a context-sensitive tab group. You can see the same thing in Office applications if you go into a different mode, e.g. if you select a Table in Word you get a "Table Tools" context-sensitive tab group. It basically means the tabs within that group only appear if a particular mode is enabled. In the case of ADRIFT, that occurs when the Map is open. It's not ideal that the text is truncated though.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0