ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

V5.0.35.3 - Issue with expression inside IF

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

V5.0.35.3 - Issue with expression inside IF

Postby ice_wanted » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:27 pm

I Campbell,
I just migrated to version 5.0.35.3 yesterday and I'm now confronted with a nasty issue.

I'm make extensive use this expression. It works fine when used by itself in a task or restriction:
Player.Worn.PropertyID.List(Indefinite)

However, when added inside a <#IF> expression, the resulting text is stripped of all spaces. "A long dress" becomes "Alongdress".
<#IF(variable1=1,Player.Worn.PropertyID1.List(Indefinite),Player.Worn.PropertyID2.List(Indefinite))#>

---
After some testing, I found that using double quotes resolves the display issue:
<#IF(variable1=1,"Player.Worn.PropertyID1.List(Indefinite)","Player.Worn.PropertyID2.List(Indefinite)")#>
---

As I make use this a lot, do you have any recommandations before I start updating them?
PS:My older game is also affected if you run the .blorb in the new runner. (do a "x character")

Cheers
ice_wanted

Re: V5.0.35.3 - Issue with expression inside IF

Postby ice_wanted » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:24 am

Hi Campbell.
I finally got around to provide a small test TAF file for this issue. I'm still hoping to get some feedback on how to proceed.

Start the TAF and simply type "test".

Cheers

Edit:
Added the following item in the bugs tracking : http://www.adrift.co/bug/19146
Attachments
Clothing.taf
(14.99 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
ice_wanted

Postby ice_wanted » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Campbell,
Haven't seen you around much lately. I figured I should promote that item again. Any chance a fix could be included in the next release?

Cheers.
ice_wanted

Postby Lazzah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:57 pm

ice_wanted wrote:Hi Campbell,
Haven't seen you around much lately. I figured I should promote that item again. Any chance a fix could be included in the next release?

Cheers.

At the present rate of progress, you'll be drawing your old-age pension before that happens. :cry:
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0