ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Runner Question

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Runner Question

Postby ParadoxGames » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:41 am

One of my kids is always messing with the keyboard. He did something that removed the maximize/minimize/ exit buttons on the main ADRIFT runner window. It remains that way, every time the runner is open fresh. Anyone know how to fix this?
ParadoxGames

Re: Runner Question

Postby ElliotM » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:45 am

I believe there might be a file you could try moving to another folder that could help the Developer reset itself.

Try looking in this folder: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Campbell Wild\ADRIFT

and look for DeveloperLayout.XML. After you find it, move it to another folder so that the Developer won't see it and re-run the Developer to see what it says. It will likely give an error message because that file is missing but close the Developer and see if a new one was generated. If not, move the old one back and try re-running the Developer again to see if the error message and your windowing problem are both fixed.
ElliotM

Postby Lazzah » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:18 am

This happened to Dazakiwi, he fixed it like this: "I clicked on View> FullScreen, unselected it and then selected it again and it brought the said missing icons back!"
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Postby ParadoxGames » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:51 am

it worked! Miraculous!

In fact, "Fullscreen mode" was checked, even though I WAS IN WINDOWED MODE! unchecking kept the window in windowed mode AND brought the icons back! I prefer windowed mode to full-screen mode.
ParadoxGames

Return to ADRIFT 5.0