ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

a couple of enhancement suggestions

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

a couple of enhancement suggestions

Postby razor77 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:59 pm

I think it would be beneficial to have the ability to change/add to the state list property type using expressions. both in an action and through a text box function on the fly.

example: say you had a task that checked how a player reacted to a punch. it would be nice if we could change it with an action expression like, character position is standing if mood variable is enraged, sitting in chair if mood variable is unfazed.

as it stands right now you have to create two different system task to be called for each possibility, this would greatly reduce the number of task thus make it easier to edit projects and quicker making them, among other things.

Also i think event and sub-event triggers should be expanded to include variables and property values.

I added an enhancement for the first one. I would like to hear everyones thoughts on this as well. Please vote it up if you agree.
razor77

Return to ADRIFT 5.0