ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Character Position void until you visit Player Properties..

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Character Position void until you visit Player Properties..

Postby DazaKiwi » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:40 am

Has anyone run into this? a possible bug related to when creating new properties..

I was trying to change the Player character position to lying down and it wasn't in the Action/Properties list at all. I went to the Standard Library and noticed the Stand on Floor task, when i clicked on its Action that the rest of it was blank after the Player name. At first I thought my Library was broke, but when i went into Player character properties and then went back to Standard library Stand on Floor task its action wasn't blank anymore and was back to how it was suppose to be.

This is basically what happens when you create a new property and you haven't gone into every single character's properties to initialize it officially (look forward to the day this is done automatically). However I wouldn't of thought this can happen with the Standard Library. Weird. I have never had this problem before with the Standard Library itself. Maybe because most of the time i do fiddle with the Player properties, except for this time round with a new project.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0