ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Disable map in developer?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Disable map in developer?

Postby Po. Prune » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Is there a way to disable the map in the developer?
Personally I don't like the map function in the developer. The way it automatically adds room and places them on the grid is extremely annoying.
I realize that it's probably me who does something wrong, but when I create my game I end up having several tabs each containing eitherone or just a few rooms. All in all it looks like a terrible mess.
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Re: Disable map in developer?

Postby Lazzah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Po. Prune wrote:Is there a way to disable the map in the developer?
Personally I don't like the map function in the developer. The way it automatically adds room and places them on the grid is extremely annoying.
I realize that it's probably me who does something wrong, but when I create my game I end up having several tabs each containing eitherone or just a few rooms. All in all it looks like a terrible mess.

You can move locations to a particular page by right-clicking on the location and selecting "Move to page". You can rename the page tabs to whatever you want. You can move the locations around each page by left-clicking and dragging the location to wherever you want it.
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby saabie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:32 pm

The easiest way to organise the map is to create all new locations by double-clicking on the map where you want them to be. You can then enter the location name and connect most of the direction to other locations without leaving the map. I find that this is by far the fastest way to setup the layout of a game, and then I go back later to fill in the descriptions of each location.
A complete tutorial and Campbell's video demonstration can be found HERE
saabie

Postby R2T1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 am

Saabie,
Thanks for pointing back to that video. I had forgotten about it and it helped me to solve a problem I was having with moving the map around in Developer.
Answer = Right-Click hold and drag.

Simples.
R2T1

Return to ADRIFT 5.0