ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Same direction, different names?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Same direction, different names?

Postby Po. Prune » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:40 am

Is there a way I can "disconnect" exits?

When the pc is in a location and s/he types a direction that is not valid, ie. > South
s/he'll be informed that "There's no route to the South, only and then the other visible exits.
My problem is that in my rooms I often use both compass directions and in or out. So when the pc types > South, s/he'll get the message: "There's no route to the South, only North and Out"
It's no big thing since s/he'll get moved to the same location no matter which direction s/he chooses, but it indicates that there are two exits can could cause confusion.
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Re: Same direction, different names?

Postby saabie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:46 am

The simplest way is to not add one of the exits to the location, instead create a new general task for {[go/walk/move/run] {to {the}}} n{orth}
Make sure it has higher priority than the Player Movement task and has a restriction that the player must be at that particular location and actions to move the player to the wanted location and execute task "Look".
saabie

Re: Same direction, different names?

Postby Po. Prune » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks Saabie :bravo:
I'll do that...
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Return to ADRIFT 5.0