ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Using Display Once function in Location's Long Description

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Using Display Once function in Location's Long Description

Postby Laced Fish » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:28 pm

The neatest solution to a situation in my adventure is to have a different long description for a location for the first time you enter the location, which I thought I could achieve with ticking Only Display Once box along with [if relevant] Return to Default. I've tried many different versions of using this on Default Description or on Alternative Descriptions but none have worked.. Any suggestions??

Laced Fish
Laced Fish

Re: Using Display Once function in Location's Long Descripti

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:34 am

Laced Fish wrote:The neatest solution to a situation in my adventure is to have a different long description for a location for the first time you enter the location, which I thought I could achieve with ticking Only Display Once box along with [if relevant] Return to Default. I've tried many different versions of using this on Default Description or on Alternative Descriptions but none have worked.. Any suggestions??

You probably haven't set the location restriction on the alternative descriptions to "start description with".
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0