ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

<# if( expressions reading from text variables problem

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

<# if( expressions reading from text variables problem

Postby Palmer » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:48 pm

I can't get these to work. I basically have a text variable with a word in it, and when I use it in a <# if #> expressions where I reference the text variable, it automatically surrounds the word with "", which breaks the expression (I think). Any way around this? It works fine with integer variables of course, but I need to show actual text and not just numbers.

Thank you
Palmer

Re: <# if( expressions reading from text variables problem

Postby saabie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:39 am

Can you give more detail of what your IF statement actually looks like?
There were some bugs with quotes being added in the wrong place or not added when they should be, but these were supposed to be fixed in the latest version (5.0.35).
I ran some tests on expressions and the only fault I found was that it was removing spaces from strings.
saabie

Re: <# if( expressions reading from text variables problem

Postby Palmer » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:00 pm

Problem was probably due to the fact that I was doing this in the status bar. I changed the text variable to an integer and then used a text override to show the text I wanted and now it works. Thanks anyway!
Palmer

Return to ADRIFT 5.0