ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

How to hide the map from Player?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

How to hide the map from Player?

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun May 07, 2017 6:09 am

I want to be able to prevent the player from accessing or displaying the map in runner. Ideally if its possible to be able to perhaps have some areas you can use the map and others you can't, but i don't think that is possible.
DazaKiwi

Re: How to hide the map from Player?

Postby Lazzah » Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 am

DazaKiwi wrote:I want to be able to prevent the player from accessing or displaying the map in runner. Ideally if its possible to be able to perhaps have some areas you can use the map and others you can't, but i don't think that is possible.

The only way to hide locations at present is to tick the "Hide Location on Map" box on each location dialog box, you cannot prevent the player from actually displaying the map.

You could add an enhancement request on the bugs & enhancements page, but the chances of it ever being implemented are, given the present situation, practically zero. :(

I just wish Campbell would give us ADRIFT stalwarts some indication of when, if ever, he is going to return from his present exile? We are the ones keeping ADRIFT barely ticking over, I think he owes us to us for not abandoning ADRIFT for some other text adventure authoring system, as so many have done.

Hands up anyone who agrees with me?
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby DazaKiwi » Mon May 08, 2017 6:19 am

Thanks Lazzah i had completely forgot about that, that should do what i need. As for the present situation, perhaps Campbell does deserve a good long break from all the hard work he has put in over the last decade or so, but one can hope he might be reinspired to dive into it again with gusto as having a long break can do. Adrift is a great software that just needs more polish and fixing. Still he could of abandoned it years ago, so i guess we be thankful we have what we have today, but again still hope its not the end.
DazaKiwi

Postby Po. Prune » Tue May 09, 2017 8:12 am

Slightly off topic here..
Just to let you know that I've split this topic (as suggested by David) and moved the split to the "Off-Topic" under the header "Where's Campbell"
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Return to ADRIFT 5.0