ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Minor Observations whilst doing Help demo

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Minor Observations whilst doing Help demo

Postby RacingDog » Fri May 26, 2017 11:00 pm

1. The Location dialogue doesn't have the Properties Tab as shown in the Help
2. Creating an object in a location causes an apparently spurious error pop up complaining about a null key.
3. The %object%. drop down list has two entries for the object name, only the second of which seems to be correct.
4. Creating new items sometimes leaves them in the wrong area on the main window.

Sorry if these are not new, but a list nearly 700 long takes just too long to investigate. I did check it a bit!
RacingDog

Re: Minor Observations whilst doing Help demo

Postby Denk » Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Welcome RacingDog :)

I would like to comment:

1. The property tab you mention becomes available, once you untick the "simple mode" box in Settings. "Simple mode" is intended for newcomers to hide the more advanced options, but I would personally recommend to untick it right away.
2. Haven't heard about this problem before - can you explain in more detail how you create the object, for this error to occur? Sounds as a serious bug, which should be reported, if it can be reproduced.
3. You are right - the wrong option should be deleted from the list.
4. I have experienced this once in a while too - items can be moved to preferred location subsequently if this happens.

ADRIFT 5 is not bug-free but there have been made some good games with it - there is usually a workaround if there is a bug.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0