ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

ADRIFT not recognising "All"

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

ADRIFT not recognising "All"

Postby Lazzah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:46 am

Hi all,

While working on my latest game over the weekend, I did something which has stopped the game recognising the word "ALL", as in GET ALL. I was messing about with the general TAKE OBJECTS (PARENT TASK) - OK, I know I shouldn't have been - and then when I ran the game it wouldn't work properly.

I put the task back to it's original state but it still won't recognise "All".

Can anyone think of a reason this has happened?

BTW I have reverted to an earlier game file in which "all" is recognised, but I have lost all the work I did on the game over the weekend. It can obviously be replaced but such a pain to do when you cannot copy tasks between game files, even between different copies of the same game.

Thanks. :Thanks:
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Re: ADRIFT not recognising "All"

Postby ralphmerridew » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:28 am

Do you have a before & after version? I have some tools that can compare the two.
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby Lazzah » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:52 am

ralphmerridew wrote:Do you have a before & after version? I have some tools that can compare the two.

Hi RM,

I have now finished adding everything that I needed to, everything works fine so I rest the matter there. I just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

:Thanks:
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby ralphmerridew » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:29 am

Even if you managed to get everything working, it could still be useful to know what happened.
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby saabie » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:14 am

One possibility is that the %objects% (plural) reference in the command was changed to %object% (singular).
saabie

Postby Lazzah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 pm

saabie wrote:One possibility is that the %objects% (plural) reference in the command was changed to %object% (singular).

No, not that, I checked the command line.
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0