ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Sounds

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Sounds

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Is it possible to have more than one sound file playing at the same time?
I have two files that I'd like to merge. I see that there are several channels that can be used in the audio tab, but will they play at the same time?
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
True North 17Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Sounds

Postby Denk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Yes, you can play multiple sounds at the same time by playing them on different channels.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: Sounds

Postby Denk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:07 pm

Just a piece of advice, which confused me a lot when I applied music to my latest game: If the source-field in a task is empty, the music will not play! I don't know if this is a bug, but adding e.g. a single space in the source field solves the problem.
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
Denk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0