The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Unwanted object mentions.

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Unwanted object mentions.

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:28 am

Is there any way to avoid an object to be mentioned?

I have a description of Lulu-Belle in which she's wearing a key in a leather string around her neck

I have created a dynamic object "Key" to be worn by character Lulu-Belle. I have also checked the "Specifically exclude object from location description"
And yet when I:

> x woman
The moment you lay eyes on her you are in no doubt that this is Susan’s great grandmother. The resemblance is striking.
Lulu-Belle has her long reddish hair pulled back and tied with a silken scarf allowing it to cascade around her neck in soft curls. Her blue eyes sparkle with laughter and her lips are beautifully curved.
She even makes the simple cotton blouse and skirt she is wearing look expensive. Around her waist is a broad leather belt with a shiny brass buckle. Around her neck hangs a small skeleton key in a leather string.
A pretty woman is wearing a skeleton key1700.
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 progress 126Kb Now in Alpha testing
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Unwanted object mentions.

Postby saabie » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:04 pm

You could alter the "Examine characters" library task so that it never lists anything that a character is wearing.
If you only want to prevent it in this case then you could modify the task that gives this object to that character so that it is moved to hidden instead and sets a property of the character to indicate that they are wearing it instead.
If the object needs to be removed from the character then reset the property and move the object from hidden to where it needs to be.

Return to ADRIFT 5.0