ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Interesting little oops.

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Interesting little oops.

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 am

I'm currently testing my entry to the Annual IF Comp, and found this interesting little bug.

> sit on chair
You sit on the chair.

> out
You open the door and slip out into the corridor, remembering to lock the door after you.

Corridor-East end
The corridor runs east west, ending to the east in a wall and to the west in a small circle shaped hall. A carpet softens the sound of your steps and lamps on each side of the corridor provides you with the necessary light to read the numbers on the two doors nearest you. The one to the north is numbered 104 and the one to the south is numbered 105.

> e
(standing up first)
You move east.

End of corridor
The corridor ends here at the east wall. To the west you can see down to the other end where the corridor ends in a small hall. A carpet softens the sound of your steps and a single lamp on the eastern wall provides you with the necessary light to read the numbers on the two doors. The one to the north is numbered 106 and the one to the south is numbered 107.

Apparently you are able to move around while sitting on a chair ... That must look rather funny though...

I found out that the problem is that I created a task moving the player from the room to the corridor and had forgotten to move him off the chair first...
Just shows how important it is to keep your eyes open. :blush:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Anno 1700 Submitted to the 2018 IFComp.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Interesting little oops.

Postby DannyBurnley » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 am

DannyBurnley

Return to ADRIFT 5.0