ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Updated StandardLibrary

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Re: Updated StandardLibrary

Postby DazaKiwi » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:06 am

saabie wrote:I think Campbell has already fixed this for the upcoming release. See http://www.adrift.co/bug/18891

Looking at that according to the date its been fixed in 2018, i hope we will see a new update this year in 2020. Heres hoping.
DazaKiwi

Postby saabie » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:47 am

P/o Prune wrote:How's the project coming along, Saabie.

I was well into the final testing when the bushfires came through just before christmas.
Since then I have been clearing fallen trees and replacing burnt fences and gates so I haven't had any free time.
I will try to get back to it as soon as I can. I only need a couple of full days work to finish it.
saabie

Postby DazaKiwi » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:08 am

saabie wrote:

I was well into the final testing when the bushfires came through just before christmas.
Since then I have been clearing fallen trees and replacing burnt fences and gates so I haven't had any free time.
I will try to get back to it as soon as I can. I only need a couple of full days work to finish it.

I didn't realise you lived in that part of Australia. I hope you and your family are out of harms way now? has the fires past on where you are? I don't watch the news but have watched some Aussie news clips on YT about it in recently. I know some NZDF troops and firefighters have gone over to help.
DazaKiwi

Postby P/o Prune » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:33 pm

saabie wrote:

Oh, God!
I hope you're all ok.
We have friend living "Down under" thankfully they are nowhere near the fires but still.
Take care...
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 89Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby saabie » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 am

Most of Australia seems to have been on fire sometime in the last couple of months.
The worst ones have been in the southeast (New South Wales and Victoria) but there have been huge fires here in South Australia and other states as well.
Everything was tinder-dry after 2 years of record low rainfall when the middle of summer decided to come a month early with temperatures around 48C.
There were several big fires but the one in the Adelaide hills where we are, a couple of days before Christmas, was about 4 times bigger than any fire I can remember.
Then on 30th December there was a fire on kangaroo island that was 4 times bigger than that and destroyed half the island (over 4000 square km).
All the fires in SA are under control, unlike the eastern states, but there are still 38 fire trucks on kangaroo island putting out burning trees a month later.
I stopped it getting to our house by surrounding it with a ring of sprinklers, having it well away from any gum trees, and a couple of Utes with water tanks and pumps to fight the fires.
But we lost kilometers of farm fences that are going to take months to replace.
saabie

Postby Lazzah » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:16 pm

You are safe, Saabie, and we are thankful for that. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones and lost their homes and businesses, and to all the millions of animals that have died. As for the evil people who started some of these fires, they deserve to be slowly roasted alive over a very hot fire. ]:)
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:39 pm

:bravo:
Lazzah wrote:You are safe, Saabie, and we are thankful for that. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones and lost their homes and businesses, and to all the millions of animals that have died. As for the evil people who started some of these fires, they deserve to be slowly roasted alive over a very hot fire. ]:)
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby saabie » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:14 am

Thanks. I should have mentioned that we saved every one of our sheep and cows by moving them to an area of bare ground with no dry grass to burn.
saabie

Postby Ariel Schnee » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:20 pm

Wait... I thought Australia was mostly covered in water everywhere. How can there be any fires starting in water?

P.S. Glad to hear y'all are alright now.

P.S.S. I hope y'all will have good fortune smile upon ya now.
Ariel Schnee

Postby Lumin » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Stay safe saabie. I've been keeping tabs on the situation for a month now but it sounds like you had a much closer call than the other Aussies I know as the apocalypse marches merrily along. (I heard you guys also got dust storms, golf ball sized hail, and fish-choking sludge washed into the rivers in addition to the everything on fire problem...)

But hey, at least God spun the globe to China before dishing out the plague!

Wait... I thought Australia was mostly covered in water everywhere.

.......well I mean if you're going to completely fail at a subject, guess it might as well be something unimportant, like geography.
Lumin

Postby saabie » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:25 am

No cyclones up north yet, but they are due any day now.
Ariel Schnee wrote:Wait... I thought Australia was mostly covered in water everywhere. How can there be any fires starting in water?
That's only when it rains, which is about once every 10 years or so...
saabie

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:31 pm

saabie wrote:No cyclones up north yet, but they are due any day now.
Ariel Schnee wrote:Wait... I thought Australia was mostly covered in water everywhere. How can there be any fires starting in water?
That's only when it rains, which is about once every 10 years or so...

In her defense, she's from Louisiana.
Lumin

Postby Denk » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Saabie, I hope things are back to normal now where you live?

P/O Prune and I are looking at translating the Standard Library to danish. For that purpose, we would like to use the most up-to-date library. I suppose it is your file "StdLibTest.taf"(version 3) which is attached to the first post in this thread.

Before we get started it would be good to know if you have a newer version than version 3 and if there are known bugs in it?
Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby saabie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:20 pm

The latest version is at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/saabie/ADRIFT-5/StdLibFixes/Libraries/StandardLibrary.amf
There are no known bugs, but I have not had a chance to fully test it yet.
saabie

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:52 am

saabie wrote:The latest version is at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/saabie/ADRIFT-5/StdLibFixes/Libraries/StandardLibrary.amf
There are no known bugs, but I have not had a chance to fully test it yet.

Thank you Saabie. We'll take a look at it. :thanks:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to ADRIFT 5.0