ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

the "some" article and the verb "is"

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

the "some" article and the verb "is"

Postby Tcbricklayer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I'm sure this has been addressed but I can't find anything about it. If I have "some pretty flowers" how do get my game to say "some pretty flowers are" instead of "some pretty flowers is".

Actually have that problem with "a pair of shoes" also. You would not say "the shoes is here"
Tcbricklayer

Re: the "some" article and the verb "is"

Postby Lazzah » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Tcbricklayer wrote:I'm sure this has been addressed but I can't find anything about it. If I have "some pretty flowers" how do get my game to say "some pretty flowers are" instead of "some pretty flowers is".

Actually have that problem with "a pair of shoes" also. You would not say "the shoes is here"

Hi Tcbricklayer,

First of all, welcome to the world of ADRIFT, there aren't very many of us regulars here, but I hope your stay will be a good one.

Unfortunately, at the moment the only way you can correct "some pretty flowers is" by using a text override. Here's how:

First of all, make sure that the developer is NOT in Simple Mode by clicking on the ADRIFT symbol top left, selecting Settings and untick "Simple Mode". Click OK and then you should now see the text override icon in the ribbon at the top of the developer. Click on this and a dialogue box will open. In the top window you should put "some pretty flowers is" (without the quotes, BTW) and in the bottom window "some pretty flowers are", again leaving out the quotes. Then just click OK and you have created the text override. You can do the same thing for "the shoes is here".

I hope that helps, anything you don't understand just ask.
WIP: The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch
ALSO AVAILABLE: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run!

COMING SOON: Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest & Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: the "some" article and the verb "is"

Postby Tcbricklayer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you for the info and the welcome. I thought that might be the case from working with adrift 4. Just was hoping I had missed something. Thanks again.
Tcbricklayer

Return to ADRIFT 5.0