ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Developer View Shifting!

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Developer View Shifting!

Postby Lazzah » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi all,

I don't know what I have done, but my developer has started to scroll over whenever I open a folder. Is there any way to stop this? See attached screenshots (couldn't attach video)

I know this is a minor thing but it is driving me nuts, it only started happening in the last couple of days.

Many :Thanks: in anticipation!

Developer before opening folder:
Dev1.jpg
Dev1.jpg (476.97 KiB) Viewed 427 times

Developer after opening folder
Dev2.jpg
Dev2.jpg (399.76 KiB) Viewed 427 times
W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest & Revenge of the Space Pirates.
Also available: The Axe of Kolt - The Spectre of Castle Coris - The Fortress of Fear - Die Feuerfaust - The Lost Children - Run, Bronwynn, Run!"
Lazzah

Re: Developer View Shifting!

Postby Gio » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 pm

I'm not familiar with the settings of the ADRIFT generator as the Linux generator is a little out of date.

That said, I might be able to help: It seems that the "Folders" window has become either 'stuck' or 'unstuck' such that when the generator redraws the screen, the open tiles get drawn under the "Folders" window. See if unsticking the window helps. If not, there may be another option hidden under the "View" menu tab that could help. In particular, look for options with keys that you may have pressed accidentally.
Gio

Postby DazaKiwi » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 am

Is this still a problem Lazzah? Have you tried closing the folder window and then in the view tab clicking on folder icon again, it might reset the problem. I don't think i've had this problem before. If that doesn't work try right clicking the folder window at the top most part of it and make sure dockable is checked. If it is, then maybe try unchecking it and then checking it. Note I'm just making a suggestion that may or may not work,
DazaKiwi

Postby Lazzah » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:39 am

Hi Daza,

Funny you should mention this as I have literally just noticed that the phenomenon has stopped! When I open a folder the developer "jumps" a bit but it doesn't scroll to the left like it has been doing. I haven't got a clue why this has happened or what I have done to start/stop this happening. Hopefully it won't happen again, fingers crossed!
W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest & Revenge of the Space Pirates.
Also available: The Axe of Kolt - The Spectre of Castle Coris - The Fortress of Fear - Die Feuerfaust - The Lost Children - Run, Bronwynn, Run!"
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0