ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Event statut detection?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Event statut detection?

Postby ice_wanted » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 pm

To anyone knowledge, is there a means to detect if an Event is started or not (and restart it)? (as part of a task, action, restriction, expression, or other..).

I've encountered issue with event that won't properly restart following a save game. (or UNDO that finished by a game ending).
ice_wanted

Re: Event statut detection?

Postby DazaKiwi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 am

The Debugger wont tell you anything?
DazaKiwi

Postby The0didactus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:43 am

You're gonna roll your eyes but:
add a task to the event that just displays the text "BING!"

That way when you see BING you know the event started.
I build almost all the complex silent tasks in my game with text like that until i'm SURE they're working in all the situations I want them to
The0didactus

Postby DazaKiwi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:00 pm

Another similar to method to suggestion above that i do sometimes for some critical tasks is create variable called Debug set it to 1, on the tasks you want to track create an alternative description and in its restriction Debug must be 1 and to display after default, then write the name of the task in the output box eg..Task blah blah ran...

This is handy to do because it can be easier to track the order of tasks run in a project that has heaps of tasks. And then when you want to turn off those notifications set debug to 0.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0