ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

"Exits are..."

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

"Exits are..."

Postby The0didactus » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:39 pm

a simple question that I simply cannot figure out the answer to.

Adrift defaults to adding exits to room description, it lists them like this: "exits are north, south, and east"

How can I change that to read something like "you can move to the north, south, and east?" I can't change this via the library or any other method that I understand. The word "exits" doesn't work in games where you're outdoors, or at least, something else would be better.
The0didactus

Re: "Exits are..."

Postby Lumin » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:07 pm

Quick and dirty method:

Create a Text Override changing 'Exits are' to 'You can move' .

The problem with this is that you can now not ever use the phrase 'exits are' anywhere in the game or it will change that too. I'm sure someone will be along to tell you a way to do it correctly soon though.
Lumin

Re: "Exits are..."

Postby Lumin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:58 am

Okay I can see under Standard Library there are folders like Character Position, Player Movement, etc. which claim to have multiple items in them, but they are all invisible seem to be toggled not to be shown. Anyone know how to make them accessible because I'm gonna take a guess that this is the key to all this.

e: Ah there we go. Settings > Library > uncheck Hide Library Items. Whole bunch of things I don't have time to sort through available now and it's probably handled by one of them.
Lumin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0