ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Full Body Clothing?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Full Body Clothing?

Postby ohhaykfrankk » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:41 am

Hello all, I have a spacesuit which takes up all of the body slots. Attached I have the task for putting it on. I also have one pretty much identical for removing.
My problem is, when I put on the suit, not only does it not acknowledge that I'm wearing a shirt and pants already, but this is what it returns in the runner:
"You put the %object1%.Name on your head!"

Any ideas? Thanks!
Attachments
act.jpg
Task Actions
act.jpg (262.43 KiB) Viewed 263 times
desc.jpg
Task Description
desc.jpg (229.52 KiB) Viewed 263 times
rest.jpg
Task Restrictions
rest.jpg (260.43 KiB) Viewed 263 times
ohhaykfrankk

Re: Full Body Clothing?

Postby saabie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:03 pm

Last time I checked, setting a property to <selected> like that does not usually work.
You need to make these "state" properties, so the "clothing on back" property would have two states like "Bareback" and "BackCovered" (No spaces).
The "You put the %object1%.Name on your head!" error is probably because you used %object% or %object1% where you should have used %objects% (It needs to be the same as in the command for that task)
saabie

Re: Full Body Clothing?

Postby ohhaykfrankk » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Changing the %object% to object(s) fixed that problem, thank you!

I've determined that the spacesuit is too complicated. Not only that, it was just for fun because you don't need it to breathe anyway so I just dropped it from the game. Eh.
ohhaykfrankk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0