ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Help! Cannot run Adrift properly [Solved]

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Help! Cannot run Adrift properly [Solved]

Postby DazaKiwi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:33 am

I decided to change the visual style/theme and it gave me an error, so i tried another one and another error popped up. And i closed Adrift and re-ran it and it opens but doesn't not show the ribbon tool bar and if i try to open Settings it gives me an error "Error starting up Developer: Value Lightgrey not parsed!" yikes :shock:

So i uninstalled Adrift and reinstalled it, but that made no difference. Has anyone had this happen to them?

What do i need to do to fix this? i'm working on a project for an adventure game jam. Is there a settings file i can delete so it will force it back to default settings?
Last edited by DazaKiwi on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DazaKiwi

Re: Help! Cannot run Adrift properly

Postby DazaKiwi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:22 am

I have solved the issue *phew* i dove into previous posts and found this one;

http://forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7291&p=94535&hilit=how+to+reset+to+default#p94535

Which Campbell had replied to back in the day and provided details as to where Adrift is in the Registry and i deleted Adrift's REG Key and that fixed the issue. So if this happens to you then there is the answer.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0