ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

A personal request for compiling adrift

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

A personal request for compiling adrift

Postby printgoto10 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:47 am

Hello, I'm new here and very interested in Adrift and the source code. I am not a professional programmer and far from expert even. I tried to compile Adrift and got hundreds of errors. I did put an attempt into fixing some of the errors, but it's beyond me I'm afraid. I did realize that by importing the project it was done with a different version of Visual Studio, so I stopped trying to fix the problem. As I said, too difficult.

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to compile the project using Visual Studio 2017 Community edition. This is the only version of VS that I am using at this time. I don't need and ask for binaries. I only need a successfully compiled project that I can then load and compile myself. It would be immense help for me to be able to start looking at how this project is put together. Unfortunately at this time with my skills, I'm not sure I would be able to contribute back, but if I notice anything or have comments I will of course post them here.
So if anyone has successfully compiled the project with the said version and has no problem sharing it, thanks.

btw - awesome project.
printgoto10

Return to ADRIFT 5.0