ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Sub event not displaying text..?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Sub event not displaying text..?

Postby DazaKiwi » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:16 pm

Why do sub events not always output display message?

I have noticed this in the past too. I currently have an sub event at the top (ie first one) set to display 5 turns after the start of the event to display some text. Then the next sub event set to display after 5 turns from last sub event- which runs a task. The first sub event does not display the text at all why is that?
DazaKiwi

Re: Sub event not displaying text..?

Postby Denk » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:33 pm

The only thing I can think of is if the field "This will only apply when the Player is at the location:" is not fulfilled. If that's not it, perhaps you can reproduce the problem in a small taf-file, which we can have a look at.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: Sub event not displaying text..?

Postby DazaKiwi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:31 am

Thanks Denk for replying. I just made a demo and that works fine. In my other project the default this will only apply is player at location everywhere. I have other tasks running in the background so it seems like it gets ignored, and often in the past i just run a task to force the text to be display. So i don't know what the issue is exactly. But in theory it should work.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0