ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Objects disappear when I sit down!

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Objects disappear when I sit down!

Postby Lazzah » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:02 pm

Hi all, can anyone PLEASE help me.??!! :anyone:

When I sit on an object in a location, the PC cannot then interact with any objects that were in that location. Why?????

Please help as this is driving me crazy! :?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: Objects disappear when I sit down!

Postby RenatoDias » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:52 pm

Quite strange your issue, Lazzah. What's your ADRIFT version? I'm on 5.0.35.3 here and it's working for me.
RenatoDias

Postby Lazzah » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:16 am

My version is same as yours.

In one of my other games the PC starts off sitting on a bed and is able to examine everything in the same location, I just don't understand it. Luckily there is only one location in this game where the PC needs to actually sit or lie down, so I have prevented the PC sitting or lieing everywhere else in the game and have re-programmed the SIT and LIE DOWN or ON OBJECT tasks using variables. It works, that is the main thing!
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:13 am

No problems here either, Lazzah.
I have tried positioning my PC in different ways and I'm always able to look under bed, get pants (from chair) etc.

I must admit though that it's perhaps logically that if the player is sitting or lying on the bed s/he can not look under bed, or get am object from a table near by, unless s/he gets out of bed first.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 89Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0