ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

"Nothing is on or inside"

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

"Nothing is on or inside"

Postby Lumin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:53 am

Why am I getting this for container objects when I check my inventory?

It's a tool box and it's just a container that can be opened or closed. It shouldn't be possible to put anything "on" it in the first place and there are items inside it, it just starts off closed. Even if the message weren't completely wrong it would still be annoying. It appends it to the very end of the list regardless if there are other items that come after the toolbox. I'd like to just remove it completely unless it actually has objects to mention, but I can't find the option for it.

Unrelated, but I also found a bug that gives Bad Expression errors if you try to use the limits on what a container can hold. I had a box set to a limit of five small items, and putting any small object in there would return a whole string of those. Just unchecking '...and the container can hold' immediately fixed it.
Lumin

Re: "Nothing is on or inside"

Postby Lazzah » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:05 am

Hi Lumin,

This is a default response displayed by one of the tabs in the general INVENTORY task. I also find these messages annoying. Just open the general Inventory task, right-click on the tab name and delete it.

I hope that helps?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Denk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:32 am

Lumin wrote:Unrelated, but I also found a bug that gives Bad Expression errors if you try to use the limits on what a container can hold. I had a box set to a limit of five small items, and putting any small object in there would return a whole string of those. Just unchecking '...and the container can hold' immediately fixed it.
This bug is well known and can be fixed.

You can read more about it here (named "container bug"):
http://forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=106120#p106120

and here:
http://www.adrift.co/bug/19030
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby Lumin » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:09 pm

Lazzah wrote:Hi Lumin,

This is a default response displayed by one of the tabs in the general INVENTORY task. I also find these messages annoying. Just open the general Inventory task, right-click on the tab name and delete it.

I hope that helps?

That fixed it, thanks!

I was looking at the inventory task not long before that too, somehow I just completely overlooked the tab.

And Denk, thanks for the link. Although it looks like that bug was supposed to have been fixed already...

e: in a version that hasn't been released yet, never mind.
Lumin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0