ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Macro

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Macro

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:21 pm

Taught by Lazzah, and many mistakes (and tears) I have realized that it's an incredibly good idea to create a macro as you go along developing your masterpiece. It's a tremendous help when you want to test run your game.
However. Does anyone know if there is a way to set in a command that won't be executed as the macro runs?

In JaFT I have a situation where an action is triggered depending whether a door is open or closed. I want to run the macro trying out both solution without having to create two macros.
I have tried <close door> and it worked, except the runner comes up with >Sorry I didn't understand that command when it reaches the <close door> command. I guess I could live with that, I just thought I'd ask.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Macro

Postby Lazzah » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:23 pm

P/o Prune wrote:Taught by Lazzah, and many mistakes (and tears) I have realized that it's an incredibly good idea to create a macro as you go along developing your masterpiece. It's a tremendous help when you want to test run your game.
However. Does anyone know if there is a way to set in a command that won't be executed as the macro runs?

You can insert a # at the start of the command in the macro. When the game is running this will show the "hand holding pen" symbol then the command, as if you were making a comment when playtesting.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Sorry Lazzah. It didn't work. It still executes the command. :cry:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Denk » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:10 pm

P/o Prune wrote:Sorry Lazzah. It didn't work. It still executes the command. :cry:

That's strange. It works for me :?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby Lazzah » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:08 pm

P/o Prune wrote:Sorry Lazzah. It didn't work. It still executes the command. :cry:

Is the # key the one that changes the cursor to the hand holding a pen when you are playing the game? I believe that it can be a different key on different systems. Experimentation may be called for.

BTW, your macro command should look like this: # X LAMP.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby rovarsson » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:40 am

On my keyboard it's the 'squared' (power of 2) key.
rovarsson

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 am

rovarsson wrote:On my keyboard it's the 'squared' (power of 2) key.

I didn't know there was one of those on a computer keyboard? I haven't got one...AFAIK? :?
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0