ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Ongoing work on ADRIFT 5

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Ongoing work on ADRIFT 5

Postby Denk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:58 pm

I just want to mention that Cambell is working on an update for ADRIFT 5. I learned this from P/O Prune. :bravo:
It may or may not take long before it is ready.

Just wanted to let you know, so it still makes sense to report and upvote bugs/enhancement requests. There are however more than 700 bugs/enhancement requests, so surely a lot of them will never be implemented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: Ongoing work on ADRIFT 5

Postby David Whyld » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:19 pm

It's kind of hard to get excited about this. The last update was 4 years ago and Campbell very rarely even logs onto the forum anymore. And why hasn't Campbell just posted this himself? We've been asking about updates for years (I even started a thread about it recently) and heard nothing.

I'll believe it when it happens but I'm not especially hopeful.
Last edited by David Whyld on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Whyld

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:27 pm

He sent it to me and Lazzah so we could check it out in case there were any ways it would screw up the excisting version.
I have been using V.5.036 for a couple of weeks and just need to check up something before giving the ok to Campbell.
Mind you, though. This is not a major update, but I see it as a step on the way.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby DazaKiwi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:56 pm

That is good news. Looking forward to the update, even if it will be a small one that fixes some major bugs.
DazaKiwi

Postby rotter » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:10 am

P/o Prune wrote:This is not a major update, but I see it as a step on the way.

Wow! Yes, it certainly is. Been far far too long since the last update.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Lazzah » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:57 am

The upgrade has a much improved search function when selecting items from drop-fown lists when adding restrictions and actions. There are a few bug fixes, these can be seen on the bugs page.

It's not much but better than nothing. :claps: :yeah: :D
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby DazaKiwi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:40 pm

Lazzah wrote:The upgrade has a much improved search function when selecting items from drop-fown lists when adding restrictions and actions. There are a few bug fixes, these can be seen on the bugs page.

Do you know if one of the bug fixes in the update you are testing includes the bug fix when adding a mandatory property Adrift will now automatically update all the objects or characters etc that are to have that property?
DazaKiwi

Postby Lazzah » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:49 pm

DazaKiwi wrote:
Lazzah wrote:The upgrade has a much improved search function when selecting items from drop-fown lists when adding restrictions and actions. There are a few bug fixes, these can be seen on the bugs page.

Do you know if one of the bug fixes in the update you are testing includes the bug fix when adding a mandatory property Adrift will now automatically update all the objects or characters etc that are to have that property?

Yes this has been fixed, the bugs fixed are in this image:

Bugs Fixed.JPG
Bugs Fixed.JPG (21.84 KiB) Viewed 701 times
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby DazaKiwi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:56 pm

:D That's great! That will save a lot of time when adding new properties midway through a project. Thanks for confirming and also showing what else has been fixed.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0