ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Generator randomly shutting down

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Generator randomly shutting down

Postby Christinamari » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Anyone else find the generator frequently shuts down while you're working? I've lost work a few times, and now I'm saving everytime I make a change, but of course I then forgot for awhile, and that's when it usually decides to crash. Just now, I opened the generator, no game opened, did nothing, and it shut itself down after about 30 seconds. I'm on Windows 10.
Coming back to ADRIFT after a long hiatus.
Christinamari

Re: Generator randomly shutting down

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:50 am

You mean the Developer. I can't say ive had the developer crash by itself when nothing is loaded, i have had some crashes where the top window space has a red x (but that is rare) and i have to force close the application. But i do often manually save and even make backups once in a while. Autosave would be be nice. But for it to crash on you and often, sounds weird. I don't know what to suggest. Do you have any other PC issues in general?
DazaKiwi

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:11 am

Me neither. I can't remember having a single crash with the developer.
Maybe a silly question, but have you tried to reinstall Adrift?
The only other possibility I can think of is that perhaps you have another program running that conflicts with Adrift.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Christinamari » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:24 am

Sorry, developer - don't know why I said generator! I don't have anything much on this laptop, as it's so new. I think I'll just have to keep saving a lot. I noticed it got better after writing that first post though - I went about 30 min without it shutting down on me. Typical! Thanks for the responses, guys!
Coming back to ADRIFT after a long hiatus.
Christinamari

Return to ADRIFT 5.0