ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Version control of modules

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Version control of modules

Postby Denk » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:33 pm

When we upload an update of a game we can replace the old version with the new version by using the same IFID. This is very important so links to the game from other websites do not have to be changed.

But when I try to upload an .amf-file (a module) then I am told: "You have uploaded a game with the same IFID as another that is not owned by you. Unable to continue."

So I had to zip my .amf-file in order to upload it to the website. But then I looked at the module "Improved Time System Library" I uploaded in 2019 and it was somehow given an IFID. I searched the amf-file but couldn't find the IFID inside so I am wondering how the ADRIFT-site could give the module an IFID?

Can anyone tell me how to change the IFID of an .amf-file and if not, do you know another way to replace an old version of a module with a new version?
:anyone:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Re: Version control of modules

Postby Denk » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Just bumping this thread in the hope that some of the programming experts see it.
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Return to ADRIFT 5.0