ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Just an idea

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 am

Sometimes I have multiple objects with the same name, ie. Table, wall, floor etc. etc.
It is very hard when you wish to manipulate these objects. In a task for instance, you get a list off all objects and suddenly you have three or four tables, walls etc. not quite knowing where they belong.
I realize that this can be worked around by calling them different names, like the wooden table, or the simple table, but if you have several walls, floors and ceilings (remember: The player should be able to examine any object mentioned in a description.)
I thought it would be a neat thing if in the object menu to have a tag box for your own personal reference and it will show in object list in [ ] next to its name, but not in the game.
Like you can do with locations where a text within a < > isn't shown in the runner.

I have already added it to the enhancement list, but I just thought I'd share it... ;)
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Return to ADRIFT 5.0