ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Object properties lockout

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Postby DazaKiwi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:48 am

I have an object that now has all its properties selected/ticked and greyed out. I get an error, Property "key for lock" cannot be blank. So i have to select an object as a key to keep it happy.

This object is a torch, Object27, it is suppose to only have this is a light source and can be turned on states active.
If i cut and create a new object (it will be Object27) and once i apply my settings it reverts it to the state i described above. And it doesn't matter what i call the object.

Leaving Object27 alone, I create another new object and that is fine. It seems to be ONLY object27 that is doesn't like. So to get around this problem, i let this troublesome object exist to keep the peace!

It had no problems with object27 for a while, until i..i don't know it got depressed and wanted to cause trouble for the hell of it..hehe. I was trying to setup a way for the light source property to be activated and deactivated by a task. And then it started playing up. One backup version of my game will not load because of it. Grr.

Anyone else had his problem?

If i come across it again, i will try to work how it happened exactly.
DazaKiwi

Return to ADRIFT 5.0