ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Location Group Questions

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Location Group Questions

Postby Mystery » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Will it be implemented in V5 to be able to select the locations (as in selecting multiple like in V4) an object will occupy from the currently list of created rooms?

While the new set up is fantastic for many things, for others it becomes quite tedious to create new groups and quickly being able to choose from a list would simplify it a lot.

Each door requires its own group for the two rooms it would occupy, same for some windows

Without going into detail, I am seeing that I am going to need a massive amount groups just to be able to do the level of customization that I would like- and keeping track of what is what is going to be a nightmare.

So hence my questions. It's not a matter of me not wanting to let go of V4 (haven't used it in a few years so barely remember how to do things anyway), but most definitely being able to view where an object is located on the spot would be more helpful than going back through a list of groups to try to find which group has the exact combination needed. This probably won't be an issue for most, but for a larger scale that would need possibly a hundred or more groups, it becomes an issue.

Possibly an addition of Specific Locations could be added the location of the object, with the option to choose multiple locations without the need to assign a specific group?
~Myst~
Mystery

Return to ADRIFT 5.0