ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Alternative Description Bug?

This forum is the place to learn about and discuss ADRIFT 5. Feel free to mention any bugs you find here, but please also add these to the Bugs & Enhancements list.

Please also refer to the ADRIFT 5 Wiki for more information.

Alternative Description Bug?

Postby Lazzah » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 am

Hi all. It's nearly the end of June and it is wet and windy in London! :cry:

I have been defining the location texts for some castle dungeons, there are 6 cells, two in each location north and south. I defined four alternative descriptions for each location depending on whether the doors are open or closed, i.e. both closed/north open - south closed/north closed - south open/both open.

I used restrictions for each alternative text based on the open status property of each door, e.g. "Property Open Status for Object Cell Door 3 must be closed". Using these restrictions, however, none of the alternative texts would display at all.

I have now altered the restrictions and based them on the status of the object, e.g. Object Cell Door 3 must be in state Closed". Lo and behold, the alternative texts now display as they should do.

Is this a bug? If so, is it known about? If not, shall I post a bug report?

Thanks.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Return to ADRIFT 5.0