ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Re: Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Postby Shoujoaddict » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm

Hi! I'm also a newbie here, so yay!

After seeing the general age of you guys here though, I'm a wee bit embarrassed about sharing my own age; but anyway. I'm an eighteen year old university student from India, and I usually spend my free time writing and reading. Mostly the latter.

I really wish to write my own CYOA book some day, (like one of those classics which say turn to page 'x' for this choice) so I'm just joining writing sites like these to improve my writing and indulge in my hobby.
Shoujoaddict

Postby Lumin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Hey Shouj.

Wow, you're still really attached to that cringe username even now, huh.

Anyway, hopefully Beggar will wander over and say hi too. Did you ever get a chance to mess around with the program yet? I could give you some ideas for a couple of basic puzzles to try implementing, although I think the most important thing to get a sense for how traditional IF games work is still just a to play a couple. Doesn't even have to be an ADRIFT game specifically, they almost all handle navigation and object manipulation the same way.
Lumin

Postby Shoujoaddict » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:42 pm

Lumin wrote:Hey Shouj.

Wow, you're still really attached to that cringe username even now, huh.

Anyway, hopefully Beggar will wander over and say hi too. Did you ever get a chance to mess around with the program yet? I could give you some ideas for a couple of basic puzzles to try implementing, although I think the most important thing to get a sense for how traditional IF games work is still just a to play a couple. Doesn't even have to be an ADRIFT game specifically, they almost all handle navigation and object manipulation the same way.

Hi Miz! Or...should I say Lumin in here?

Yeah, I've downloaded Adrift and played around with it a bit. I managed to make my character move, and meet with another character and ask them who they are. Now I'm trying to get them both playing rock paper scissors.

Sure! I would appreciate the ideas, and yes I'll try playing a few traditional IF games to get a feel for it.
Shoujoaddict

Previous

Return to Drifting Off-Topic