ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

My absence

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

My absence

Postby ParadoxGames » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:30 am

I haven't been developing my game for a while. It's not because the task was too daunting, but I have to tend to life and it's been taking up more time for now. I expect to get into a more normal situation in a few months and resume the work. Until then, my presence here will be infrequent. When that time comes, I'll be anxious to resume the project!!
ParadoxGames

Re: My absence

Postby Po. Prune » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:25 am

Don't worry about it. I've been working on 2 games for over 5 years now on and off.
Sometimes things just looks too overwhelming and you need to step back and take a breather and gather your strength before jumping back in.
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Re: My absence

Postby ParadoxGames » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Even though the game is large, the project itself isn't what's overwhelming me. I decided to break up my goal (a complete game) into sub-goals, and I already have a plan for my next goal. While I'm away from the project, I intend to more deeply develop the storyline in my mind. The break is because I have to concentrate focus on my family and other life events for the time being.
ParadoxGames

Return to Drifting Off-Topic