ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Hello from Down Under

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Hello from Down Under

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:03 am

Hi all,

I doubt if anyone noticed but I haven't been around much for the last couple of weeks? That's because my partner Jacqui and I have been on a trip 'down under', spending the last 11 days cruising around New Zealand. We flew to Sydney via Hong Kong, where we spent a couple of nights. Boy was it a long flight (11 hours) and a further 8 hours to Sydney. We just left our last port of call in NZ, the Bay of Islands, and are now heading back to Sydney. When we get there we fly up to Hervey Bay in Queensland to spend three days with my cousin Alan and his wife before returning home via Singapore. I am not looking forward to the flight to London as it is 14 hours! One of the highlights of the cruise was visiting the Hobbiton Lord of the Rings movie set near Matamata.

I retired from work last August and had to spend my pension lump sum on something, after all!!
W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest & Revenge of the Space Pirates.
Also available: The Axe of Kolt - The Spectre of Castle Coris - The Fortress of Fear - Die Feuerfaust - The Lost Children - Run, Bronwynn, Run!"
Lazzah

Re: Hello from Down Under

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:51 am

Hi Lazzah.
Saw the pictures from "Hobbit land" they are absolutely great.
Sounds like you've had a great trip so far. Enjoy the remaining days and I'll be looking forward to have you back in "Adrift mode" again.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 54Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:34 pm

20190302_195116.jpg
20190302_195116.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 318 times
Hi P.O.,

You probably weren't looking up at the sky at the appropriate moment but as we flew to the south of Copenhagen on the flight to Hong Kong I waved out of the window at you!
Also available: The Axe of Kolt - The Spectre of Castle Coris - The Fortress of Fear - Die Feuerfaust - The Lost Children - Run, Bronwynn, Run!"
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Bad timing on a visit to New Zealand, but it's a beautiful country, I've got a girl in my photo channel constantly posting amazing beaches and sunsets. (And of course she's crazy over LOTR, I think it's mandatory there )

You should've looked Daza up while you were there!
Lumin

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Yes, very, but luckily we didn't stop at Christchurch. Suggested a meet-up with Daza but it sadly wasn't possible. We flew out via Hong Kong and I saw on the news that there was a crash on the metro between two of the stations we travelled between. Fortunately both trains were empty.
Lazzah

Return to Drifting Off-Topic