ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

How's the apocalypse treating you all?

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Re: How's the apocalypse treating you all?

Postby Lazzah » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:49 pm

P/o Prune wrote:
Lazzah wrote:The coronavirus thing hasn't affected me in the work sense as I am retired, but it has scuppered our plans to move home to Clacton on Friday. :cry:

Mind you, if our stupid buyer hadn't messed us about with the actual day of moving, we would have moved yesterday (Monday) and missed the lockdown by the skin of our teeth! :x

But you still got the house, right?

Yes, we have exchanged contracts so we are committed to move. Our solicitors were talking to each other today and a new moving date of April 24th has been decided on... providing current movement restrictions are lifted, of course. Our house has boxes everywhere as we have packed an awful lot prior to moving. We were supposed to have had new carpets laid in the bungalow today, but of course that got cancelled.

Have there been many cases of Corvid-19 in Denmark?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Lazzah » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:18 pm

Hey saabie,

Is there any coronavirus in South Australia? If there is, we hope you are OK?
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Do we know which part he's in exactly? New South Wales has the most confirmed cases for Australia right now.
Lumin

Postby R2T1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:05 am

NSW counts are high because "someone" let 2700 infected? passengers off the Ruby Princess last week. They all went their separate ways without any restrictions at all. At least one of them even flew to London via Singapore according to last night's news. I've been retired for 5 years now so am unaffected for now. We went to the shops today and there were less people around than on Christmas day and we haven't gone to lockdown yet.
Last edited by R2T1 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
R2T1

Postby saabie » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:10 am

There have only been 170 cases in South Australia so far, and only 1 in the part of the Adelaide hills that I live in.
The borders between the states have just been closed and all the restaurants and cafes have been restricted to takeaway only.
The only places that people are allowed to gather in numbers >10 are at supermarkets and all the newly unemployed people in queues at the social security department.
saabie

Postby P/o Prune » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:47 am

Lazzah wrote:Have there been many cases of Corvid-19 in Denmark?

Actually not that many. I've just checked the latest numbers and they are 1600 (hospitalized) and 32 dead. I believe, as do many Danes, that this is because our Prime Minister (and government) was very quick on the draw, taking several precautions.

In the meantime, I'm doing garden work. Working on JaFT, and now also the Danish IF game.
Weather is really nice, so it's a pleasure to be outside.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby The0didactus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:22 am

I'm here in Minnesota. Not so bad here...supermarkets occasionally out of food, but minimal cases, minimal deaths, and good medical response.
It's turned what I expected to be an INTENSE last semester of law school into a sedate cruise to the finish. If they cancel the bar exam, I might even have another ADRIFT game ready for IFComp
The0didactus

Postby P/o Prune » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 am

The0didactus wrote:I'm here in Minnesota. Not so bad here...supermarkets occasionally out of food, but minimal cases, minimal deaths, and good medical response.
It's turned what I expected to be an INTENSE last semester of law school into a sedate cruise to the finish. If they cancel the bar exam, I might even have another ADRIFT game ready for IFComp

I'll ask Trump to cancel all bar exams… You are needed at the IF Comp. :wink:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 am

Well, Spain is fucked.

Yes forum, go ahead and censor that and even capitalize it weirdly if you want, I don't even fucking care.

https://youtu.be/aJM-TD4SaBc

Just a fair warning, watching that has made me depressed all day and I'm basically just spreading the misery now. Short version is that hospitals in Madrid have been told to take respirators away from everyone over 65 and then just sedate them and let them die.
Last edited by Lumin on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:21 am

cr*p is censored but not the f-bomb?
Lumin

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:25 am

Lumin wrote:....

cr*p is censored but not the f-bomb?

I didn't censor anything. Maybe the forum setting does it by default. :?
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby The0didactus » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:31 am

Hey so Lumin told me that she can't get access to the forum because it's no longer accepting her password (I think due to lockout)
does anyone have a solution there?
The0didactus

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:38 am

The0didactus wrote:Hey so Lumin told me that she can't get access to the forum because it's no longer accepting her password (I think due to lockout)
does anyone have a solution there?

I'll have a look at it.
Did she give you her password?
I have just written her...
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby David Whyld » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:08 am

[stirring]

Has the forum auto-blocked her because of her potty mouth?

[end stirring]
David Whyld

Postby Lumin » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm back! Thanks Finn!

And no, sorry David, what actually happened was that I tried to update my email here from the hotmail account I haven't used in seven years. The forum was like 'cool just one second' and then deactivated my account until I got the new confirmation email, which never arrived.

Not in spam or anything else, I checked several times so I'm not sure what the was about. I tried to make a new account with a different address to bring it up but I never got that email later. So either the forum doesn't like Gmail or Gmail doesn't like the forum.

But apparently others have signed up with gmail just find so idk.
Lumin

PreviousNext

Return to Drifting Off-Topic